STRATEGIC NARRATIVE INSIGHTS
How Much Is This Worth To You?
“Is a strategic narrative demonstrably valuable?”
That’s a crucial question. And a challenging one too.
At the core of any successful movement, you can hear, feel and see a narrative.
A strategic narrative makes your organization run like a movement. It gives it an intrinsic ability to call people to action because the word “movement” itself means “to create action”.
How valuable is that? Well, it depends if you value what a movement creates.
People form movements because they want to defend an ideal. They care about a particular view of the world that matters to them. As a result, they’re ready to spend the discretionary efforts required to defend their values and instigate change if need be.
Like a movement, when you have a strategic narrative:
- Your brand becomes magnetic, and also polarizing.
- Your employees self-organize and know exactly what to do and what to say.
- Gaining customers is cheaper because they come to you instead of constantly finding and convincing them.
- Your investors see this traction and want to be part of the deal.
- You probably look and sound very different from your competitors.
- Your customers see why they must adopt your product.
All of this has value. Probably a lot of it.