The mind is a story-making story-storing machine. As a result, stories live in minds far longer and far more vividly than facts and numbers. Stories help us make sense of who we are, what we stand for, what we fight against, and what we can do for others.
When your business strategy takes the shape of a story:
- Suddenly, it’s east to explain it without using a long slide deck as a crutch.
- You can say what it is in one minute to a journalist, or in one hour to your team.
- You can say what it is to almost everyone, including your elderly aunt Betty.
- It can quickly be reframed so that people understand why your brand is still relevant when the next COVID-like disruption comes.
- It helps you attract new talent by making them want to join forces.
- It helps investors trust that you, the CEO, know what you’re doing and that you have a compelling way to get your company to do what it’s supposed to do.
- It’s like a mental map that you know by heart, so you can make super-fast decisions in moments when the life of your business depends on it.
Ah! A dream come true…
That’s a powerful antidote against confusion.
And confusion galore there is around us at the moment…